INVEST TRAINING HUB
Try something new this year
Are you interested in developing yourself, your leadership and finding your place in the Kingdom of God? Then why not take some time out alongside work or study to explore all that God may have for your life. Training hub could be a great way of doing this…
Our vision for Training Hub is that you will be more transformed into the person you are meant to be in Jesus. This involves your whole life; flourishing with the gifts and skills God has given you, running alongside others to see His Kingdom come wherever you are called. We want to see you able to lead more confidently with humility in the places, and with the people, God has for you. Through Training Hub we seek to resource and equip you to be more confident in your knowledge of who you are in Christ and where you are going, as Jesus leads you.
Who is it for?
Training Hub is for anyone aged 18 and over. It is run in such a way that it can work for you whatever stage of life you are at. Here are some examples of people who benefited from Training Hub in the past:
- Students at university (You will miss a few Friday lectures!)
- People taking a year out to serve their church.
- People working full time. (You will need to take a few days annual leave across the year.)
- Parents whose kids are now in full time education and want to invest in themselves and their faith.
This year is not just for those that feel called to work within a local church but this is a year for everyone. God calls many of us to work in different spheres of society – in the future you may work as a plumber, teacher, doctor or church leader. Whatever sphere of society you are called into in life, the Training Hub year is a great way of developing a Christ centred life and space to grow in Godly leadership.
Invest in yourself, your leadership, your faith and your future.
As The Baptist Union of Scotland we believe it is hugely important to take time as a young person to develop a Christ centred life. To learn what it is to be an apprentice of Jesus in 21st century Scotland.
We encourage our churches to offer INVEST years to those aged 18-24 who may want to take a year out, developing their faith, leadership and understanding of mission in 21st century Scotland.
We offer 2 options……..
INVEST including Training Hub
For those who want to take a whole year out, the INVEST programme includes Training Hub, placement at your church and mentoring across the year.
For those who want to invest deeper in their understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus in 21st Century Scotland, but want to keep working or studying.
What will I learn?
- Missional Discipleship – Disciples as apprentices / the role of Mission in discipleship.
- Scripture in the lives of disciples – Why the Bible matters and how do we engage with it?
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality – Why our emotional health is linked to spiritual maturity.
- Holy Spirit in the life of disciples – Who is He? What does He do? How do we grow in Him?
- Prayer – What does prayer look like in the life of a disciple?
- Pioneering – Church Planting / Innovating / Church for the rising generations.
- Leadership – Why does leadership matter? What is distinct about Christian Leadership?
- Breaking Bonds – Finding freedom from the things that can hinder our walk with Jesus.
- Living Series – A series of Wednesday training nights that will look at practices and disciplines helping us live in the way of Jesus (eg Money, Forgiveness, Disappointment, Sabbath and Celebration).
- Culture – What is culture? How do we engage well with it as Christians?
- Apologetics – What is apologetics? How do I bring God’s truth relevantly to people and society?
How is it delivered?
We are all affected by COVID-19 restrictions around physical distancing. Our hope is to do as many gatherings as possible in person however, we will start the year delivering content online encouraging smaller gatherings if/where possible.
To find out more about what is involved in training hub why not download this year’s handbook which gives you a deeper look at what is involved.
Proposed Dates for 2021/22
These are the potential dates for our altogether teaching times.
Monthly conferences are one of the ways we deliver content, allowing space to discuss and put into practice what we’re learning.
Thurs 16th – Sat 18th
|Thursday 7pm – Saturday 12:30pm|
|October 22nd||MBTI||HUB / Online||1:30pm – 4:30pm|
|November 19th||Culture||HUB / Online||1:30pm – 4:30pm|
|December 10th||Prayer and the Holy Spirit||HUB / Online||1:30pm – 4:30pm|
Thursday 3rd – Saturday 5th
|Scripture and Apologetics||
|Thursday 7pm – Saturday 12:30pm|
|Feb 25th||Community||HUB / Online||1:30pm – 4:30pm|
|March 25th||Emotionally Healthy Spirituality||HUB / Online||1:30pm – 4:30pm|
|April 22nd||Living Free||HUB / Online||1:30pm – 4:30pm|
Thursday 19th – Saturday 21st
|Breaking New Ground||
|Thursday 7pm – Saturday 12:30pm|
|June 17th||What’s Next / Graduation||All Together In Person||4pm – 9pm|
Wednesday Gatherings will happen monthly, in-person in regional hubs from 7-9pm.
|September 22nd||Devotional Life|
|November 24th||Prayer Ministry|
|January 26th||Spiritual Gifts|
|April 27th||Generosity / Money|
|June 15th||Fun Night|
Training Hub as part of an INVEST Year
What is an INVEST year?
There are 3 elements to the INVEST year.
You take a year out to serve in your local church, either part time or full time. It is up to each individual church to agree what is involved in this service. Previously this has looked like helping with the youth work, community work, kids work, worship and generally helping with the work of the church.
The INVEST trainee joins up with others from different churches and goes through the Training Hub course delivered by the Baptist Union of Scotland.
MENTORING and COACHING
As part of your service within your church you will have both a line manager and also a mentor. Someone who will come along side you and help you process and grow throughout the year. As part of training hub you will receive regular coaching and feedback sessions to encourage you as you journey through the year.
What does it cost?
Training Hub has 3 elements of cost:
- Financial – Of course, it takes money to run this course. For the year we ask for £750 which covers the cost of speakers, accomodation during the residentials and resources etc.
- Time – There is a time cost that comes with doing Training Hub. Whether that be using annual leave to attend conferences, missing a couple of lectures throughout the year, or sacrificing a weekend or two, we acknowledge the cost of that.
- Effort – As with most things, the more you put into this year, the more you get out of it. Throughout the year, as you attend conferences, engage in discussion with fellow trainees, and work on assignments, we find those who put the effort in are the ones who benefit and enjoy the year most!
- Required reading books are not covered by this.
- Travel costs are not covered.
- It can be paid in instalments.
Training Hub is administered by the Baptist Union of Scotland. All payments should be made out to the Baptist Union of Scotland.