INTRODUCTION TO CHURCH PLANTING COURSE
Baptist Union of Scotland, in partnership with Forge Scotland
This course will allow people interested in Church Planting and pioneer mission to grasp the core concepts and possibilities.
The course is delivered over 4 sessions (2 Saturdays and 2 midweek Zoom meetings). All sessions are required.
– What is pioneer mission?
– What is required to be involved?
– What is possible in my area / parish?
– What are the first steps required in making this happen?
Who is the course for?
Church leadership teams and individuals who want to:
- see transformation and growth in their local church
- learn how to lead more fruitfully and work together more effectively
- develop and implement vision
- grow in faithfulness to God’s call to leadership
What will the sessions cover?
- Session 1: Changing world, changing church
- Session 2: Rediscovering mission
- Session 3: Faith in Context – 21st century Scotland
- Session 4: Creating Jesus centred communities
- Session 5: Discipleship in community
- Session 6: Leadership
The gatherings will involve, content delivery, group work, individual reflection, stories from around
Scotland. At the two in person gatherings we will share a lunch together on arrival.
When will the course run?
- Saturday 29 April (12:30 – 4:30) – Central belt venue tbd
- 4th May (19:30-21:00) – Zoom
- 18th May (19:30-21:00) – Zoom
- Saturday 27 May (12:30 – 4:30) – Edinburgh with visit to Oxgangs
If you have any enquiries or would like to find out more feel free to email our BUS Future Church Lead, Glenn Innes: email@example.com
Or to apply for the course please click the link below and complete the booking form: